MEDIA STATEMENT BY BDS MALAYSIA
15 March 2019
We condemn in the strongest possible terms the attacks carried out by the Zionist apartheid regime on Gaza last night.
All groups in Gaza have denied firing rockets into Israel, and Hamas especially has clearly stated it has no interest in escalating tensions. In fact, there were reports that the Israeli government knew that Hamas did not fire any rockets into Israel. It is instead the Netanyahu regime which has all the self-serving reasons for an escalation.
First, to show the electorate of the Zionist state that he is tougher on Palestinians than his political rivals. Second, to divert attention from the intensifying brutal activities of illegal settlers, aided by Israeli security forces in Jerusalem, which target the Al Aqsa mosque and the Palestinians who tried to resist them. Third, to force a cessation of the weekly Great Return March by the people of Gaza.
The Israeli airstrikes into densely populated Gaza are bound to cause numerous civilian casualties. We therefore call on the international community to immediately use all means at its disposal to force the Zionist regime to cease escalating the conflict and stop all attacks on the Gaza Strip before more civilian deaths and injuries ensue.
Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) Malaysia
Latest from Itrisyia Dayini
- Media Statement by BDS Malaysia on the latest Israeli attacks on Gaza
- Kenyataan Media oleh BDS Malaysia berkenaan kezaliman terkini terhadap penduduk Gaza.
- Media Statement from BDS Malaysia on the Warsaw Summit
- Kenyataan Media dari BDS Malaysia Berkenaan Persidangan Warsaw
- The Necessity to Understand the Truth Behind the Struggle for Freedom for Palestine