MEDIA STATEMENT FROM BDS MALAYSIA
13 November 2018
Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions - Malaysia (BDS Malaysia) condemns in the strongest possible terms the latest aggression by the Zionist apartheid state against the people of Gaza. Up to now, almost ten civilian buildings of no military significance, including a kindergarten have been deliberately targeted by Israeli warplanes with absolutely no concern for non-combatant casualties.
The Fourth Geneva Convention of 1949 expressively prohibits the harming of civilians in a war zone and the United Nations in 1993 have officially adopted the position that all provisions of the Geneva Convention are binding on all nations of the world including non-signatory countries.
BDS Malaysia therefore calls on the UN and the international community to immediately take all necessary measures to force the Zionist apartheid state to end its criminal bombing of civilians in Gaza and bring the Israeli leaders behind this barbaric onslaught to account before the International Criminal Court. The violation by Israel of the Geneva Convention is blatant and clear in this case. Inaction by the international community in the face of overwhelming evidence will only invite further outrages from the apartheid state.
The leaders of the major countries of western Europe gathered in France on Sunday, 11th November to commemorate the centenary since the end of the First World War. Sentiments were expressed by them about the horrors of war for both soldiers and civilians. The horrors of war now happening in Gaza have their roots in the First World War. The governments of those western European nations must walk the talk, express their utter revulsion to what Israel is doing now to the Palestinian people of Gaza and do everything within their means to get the apartheid state to stop its criminal actions. Anything less will just betray their hypocrisy in the case of blatant injustices done to the Palestinians by the Zionist regime.
Latest from Itrisyia Dayini
- MEMORANDUM DARI NGO-NGO PRO-PEMBEBASAN PALESTIN KEPADA KERAJAAN MALAYSIA
- MEMORANDUM FROM NGOs IN SUPPORT OF FREEDOM FOR PALESTINE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF MALAYSIA
- BDS Malaysia ingin menyuarakan sanjungan dan pujian kami terhadap tindakan kerajaan Malaysia tidak membenarkan atlet Israel masuk ke negara ini untuk Kejohanan Renang Para Dunia 2019
- BDS Malaysia applauds wholeheartedly the Malaysian government’s action in not allowing Israeli athletes into the country for the World Para Swimming Championships
- KEPUTUSAN PENTADBIRAN SCOTT MORISSON MENGENAI BAITUL MAQDIS