27 January 2017
BDS Malaysia would like to express our disappointment at Giant Hypermarket Malaysia for carrying apparels produced by an Israeli company at their stores under the brand name Shay Shaul.
BDS Malaysia calls on Giant Hypermarket to immediately withdraw the above mentioned and any other Israeli product, failing which we will take the following measures:
1. Urge the Malaysian government to take action against Giant Hypermarket
2. Conduct a nationwide public campaign aimed at boycotting Giant.
BDS Malaysia also urges the Malaysian public to lodge their protest by filling up Giant's online customer feedback form ( http://www.giant.com.my/contact-us/contact.aspx )
Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions Against Israel (BDS) is a global movement aimed at increasing economic and political pressure on Israel till it complies with international law and stops the occupation and oppression of Palestinians.
BDS Malaysia is part of this global movement that now comprises NGOs, churches, labour unions, academic and student associations and Nobel peace laureates.
The international BDS movement has successfully campaigned against businesses complicit in Israel's atrocities against the Palestinians and BDS Malaysia will not hesitate to follow suit with a campaign against Giant.
We trust you in making the right decision.
Prof Mohd Nazari Ismail
Latest from muslimnazari
- BDS Malaysia Applauds Associate Professor Cheney-Lippold
- BDS Malaysia calls on Malaysians to boycott Booking.com
- BDS: how a controversial non-violent movement has transformed the Israeli-Palestinian debate
- Freedom Flotilla Hijacked by Israeli Military
- This is apartheid, there is no better word for it