KUALA LUMPUR: Ten Malaysian activists will be taking part in the Freedom Flotilla Coalition (FFC) which will leave for Palestine from Copenhagen in Denmark on May 22.
Humanitarian Care Malaysia (MyCare) chairman Professor Dr Hafidzi Mohd Noor said the mission, themed “Right to a Just Future for Palestine”, will take more than two months’ travel on board a Norwegian arctic fishing boat which was refitted and renamed Al Awda, meaning “The Return”.
He said the Al Awda will be joined by three ships from Sweden for the trip to Gaza.
“Al Awda will sail from Norway to Denmark (where the Malaysians will join the mission, then to a port in Germany. The mission will stop at 13 ports in 10 countries throughout the trip to Gaza.
“The flotilla carries the hopes of the international community of various races and religions in an effort to free Palestine from the oppression of Israeli Zionists,” he told reporters.
The 10 activists from MyCare are Dr Fauziah Hassan, Norsham Abu Bakar, Kamarul Zaman Shaharul Anwar, Professor Dr Mohd Nazari Ismail, Dr Mohd Afandi Salleh, Zool Fadli Hamzah, Muhammad Aiman Mohd Zin, Mas Ahmad Jonid, Muaz Ruslan and Dr Muhamad Yusri Musa.
Latest from muslimnazari
- BDS Malaysia Applauds Associate Professor Cheney-Lippold
- BDS Malaysia calls on Malaysians to boycott Booking.com
- BDS: how a controversial non-violent movement has transformed the Israeli-Palestinian debate
- Freedom Flotilla Hijacked by Israeli Military
- This is apartheid, there is no better word for it